How to protect your data and privacy on mobile?
There are over 5 billion unique mobile users globally. Your mobile phone contains your personal files, images, important banking applications, social media accounts, work files, and whatnot. If someone gets hold of your smartphone or remotely hacks it – it is like losing your digital identity.
In order to prevent the loss of data from your mobile devices, a few preventive measures are recommended.
- Setup a PIN, Password, or Pattern on the lock screen.
- Lock your apps with a PIN
- Read app permissions before downloading an app and do not give unnecessary permissions.
- Use Google or Microsoft Authenticator for two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Enable a lost device tracking service.
- Wi-Fi: Don't public Wi-Fi and switch off when not in use.
- Bluetooth: set your device as ‘Non-discoverable’ in Bluetooth settings and switch it off when not in use.
- Don’t jailbreak (root) your mobile.
- Regularly delete your browsing history, cookies, and cache.
- Back up the data on your phone.
- Learn how to lock or wipe your phone remotely in case of an emergency.
- Uninstall apps you are not using regularly and keep up to date the ones are using regularly.
- Turn off the autocomplete feature if you are working with sensitive data/information.
- Do not open any unknown links and messages.
To know more contact us